Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Neopets Minor Panic Attacks and False Alarms
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
We really need a new thread or two here in GC... I'll go first :)

How about letting us know about any of your personal "[minor] panic attacks" on Neopets... Hopefully ones that didn't really result in disaster, but more of an :oops:. Maybe you auctioned off a codestone for a 400 instead of 4000, or you forgot to make your lab pet active and zapped your favorite Strawberry Chia into a Green Uni... I dunno, you tell us.

I usually use the same computer to go on Neopets, so I can generally go on every day without logging in. On a recent trip, I'm on a different computer heading off to Neopia to take care of dailies and whatnot and hit the log in page. No problem... I know who I am and I know my password... or do I? Bad Password. Hmm... I'm sure that was correct. Try again more carefully. Nope. No good. Sure enough, I get locked out for an hour. No big deal, right? This is of course the time when the cookie grabbers are running rampant. Naturally, I'm not going to panic. Just check back in an hour, which is how long Neopets said I'd be locked out for excessive login attempts.

An hour later, still no dice entering my password, so I use the "Forgotten your password?" feature... Life is back on track: The happy little Cybunny says, "Your password is on the way!!! (please allow 15 minutes for delivery!)"

No email from TNT after an hour... Try again... No email. Now, I'm a little concerned.

Then I actually read the "forgotten your password?" box. I had been putting in my registered email address - not my username :oops: when I filled in the form correctly, the password email with my correct password came immediately and I was able to get onto Neopets (and change my password)...

-Blue

Post subject: Re: Neopets Minor Panic Attacks and False Alarms
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:02 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I once did something similar to what Blue did but.......

I registered for neopets about a year ago I registered with the email address that went cutiepie707@hotmail.co.uk and that email account had been hacked shortly after so I changed my neopets password just to be safe (along with all my others). Then I got a new email account and then I forgot about changing the active email being used for that account and I soon forgot about neopets because I then got extremely busy. after that was over and I was going through my favourites I came across neopets and naturally I went on it and I was trying the old password so when it came to entering information to reset my password I couldn't because I had lost my old email so I asked my friend who had been looking after my pets while I was busy and she got into a long explanationabout how she tried everything to get it back. so I just moved on and left neopets and one day I was scrolling through favourites and came across neopets again. Then I suddenly remembered that I had changed my password and I was super releived as anyone would be and of course changed the default email and set the passsword to something I would remember.

Sorry its long

set by Byakuya San.....Thanks your awesome

Post subject: Re: Neopets Minor Panic Attacks and False Alarms
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:01 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I fail to remember the amount of times that I've been more than a little bit upset after being convinced that I've typed in the correct password and been forced to request it. :oops: I always dread seeing the annoyed expression on my Active Pet's face... almost always though I've only missed out one character or typed in an old password by mistake. Phew. Although I do remember the time I requested my password and for some reason it just didn't come... I requested it once or twice and for some reason the emails seemingly never came. I wasn't the most friendly person to come across that day, heh. Thankfully they both arrived (at the same time) the next day... I'm still not sure why. -shrugs-

Once I became convinced that I'd been Cookie Grabbed because everytime I closed the Browser Window, Neopets would log me out. It was just my Computer (Windows 98 at the time... this is years ago now) being irksome... but I didn't sleep much that night. :oops: Of course, the next day everything was back to normal for some unknown reason. Those were the days... :P No amazing stories while on Neopets though but I've been convinced that I'd lost my current game of NeoQuest on more than one occasion when I had the wrong Pet active. Ahem.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]