Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Save the Wheels!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:18 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

http://www.neopets.com/savethewheels/

Sink hole for nps!

Donate to the Wheel of the day and receive a prize for the amount.

Wheel of Excitement

1 - 1000: No prize
1000 - 10,000: Conservancy Newsletter
10,000 - 25,000: Conservationist Play Set
25,000 - 50,000: History of Neopian Wheels
50,000 - 100,000: Faerie Statue
100,000 - 250,000: Tote Bag
250,000 - 500,000: Faerie Mazzew
500,000 - 750,000: Gift of Misfortune
750,000 - 1000000: Wheel of Excitement Stamp
1000000 - 2,500,000: Wheel Shield
2,500,000+: Wheel of Excitement Background

You get 1 prize per donation. The total does not accumulate, you need to make individual donations for each prize.

Post subject: Re: Save the Wheels!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:55 am 

Looks to me like they've updated the graphics of the wheel of knowledge.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:19 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

shapu wrote:
Looks to me like they've updated the graphics of the wheel of knowledge.

Yep, News Flash on the homepage gives us the heads up:

Brightvale's Wheel gets a makeover...
Help restore Neopia's other wheels!

It is listed as an Event......interesting......it is like a mini - miniplot. :o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:59 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I think this is one of the dumbest ideas ever to combat inflation. It essentially is a shop with an unlimited(?) supply of items. However, I do hope that this will lead into a real plot because the guy collecting money says "but I'm—I mean, the Neopian Conservation Society is nearly broke." Hopefully he'll abscond with the money and we'll have to find him. And they won't put neon signs on all the steps like they did in the AotA "plot."

At least the Wheel of Knowledge has gone down in price -- to 400 NP/play. And maybe I can finally get the avvie?

ETA: I suspected that items would fall in price below their minimum donation price as more came on the market. I priced the History of Neopian Wheels book and discovered a few for under 25k already. I'm not sure that'll work for the most expensive items (e.g., the stamp), but I'll probably wait and buy any items off the SW/TP (probably only the book and stamp). I did make a small donation yesterday just to see what would happen, and in case it's necessary for the subsequent plot. But I'll let other people waste their NP, thanks.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:22 pm 

Siniri wrote:
I think this is one of the dumbest ideas ever to combat inflation.

You took the words right out of my mouth. If they decide to make it into a plot of some sort, then maybe it'll all be worth it, but until then, it's just another money sink. If nothing else, it's a clever way to introduce the new artwork for some of the wheels.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:23 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
Checked the prizes for this event. Here are the prizes:
1,000 - 9,999~Conservancy Newsletter

10,000 - 24,999~Conservationist Play Set

25,000 - 49,999~History of Neopian Wheels

50,000 - 99,999~Faerie Statue

100,000 - 199,999~Tote Bag

200,000 - 499,999~Faerie Mazzew

500,000 - 749,999~Gift of Misfortune

750,000 - 999,999~Wheel of Excitement Stamp

1,000,000 - 2,499,999~Wheel Shield

2,500,000 - Infinity~Wheel of Excitement Background

For more information, try Jellyneo, Sunnyneo, or The Daily Neopets.

Remember, if you donate less than 1,000 NP, you will not get a prize.

Recently, the Wheel of Excitement got renovated. Now, it's kiddified as much as possible, and comes with the price tag of...

500 NP

Good news is, there is still an avatar, and the grand prize is 20,000 NP.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:38 am 

What's the new Wheel of Excitement disease? Or is it still Chickaroo?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:53 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Jellyneo still says that it's the same disease. I spun it, but I was one spot away from getting it. I don't want to hurt my pets, but I could buy a cure. The Top Benefactor list has been posted.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:18 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Are any of these items actually worth buying? I'm on a faerie quest right now so I can't check, but I'm guessing at least the faerie mazzew might be worth it. Isn't the price of the paintbrush alone around that much? I haven't checked for a while so correct me if I'm wrong.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

You can buy many of the items for cheaper (sometimes much cheaper) on the SW than you can get them by donating. Remus, painted petpets are often worth less than their corresponding paint brush -- sometimes worth not much more than the plain petpet. I know when I found a pirate petpet paint brush, I decided I wanted a pirate poppit. I was able to buy the pirate poppit for over 25k less than I sold the petpet paint brush for! I don't know about the mazzews, though. It just depends on how popular a combination is.

At any rate, I definitely recommend searching the SW/TP/auctions before donating to obtain an item. Most (if not all) of the items are R101, so they'll probably retire after the event. I've bought the two books (several copies of each) and the stamp (only one of these -- stored in my SDB for now), all from other users, saving well over 100k by doing so.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:05 am 

I've been thinking about investing in some of the prizes, not by donating, but by buying them off the TP or SW. Wouldn't it be a good idea to wait longer into the event when the prices on the TP/SW have gone down more? There are still three more wheels left to save, so these prizes should be available for almost three more weeks, and in that time supply will be increasing, and price will be going down, right? So in a couple weeks, maybe I will buy a bunch of stamps off the TP. As far as I can tell, books, wearables, and stamps are the best buy.

I think this is a good thing if it works. I get so frustrated with inflation, because all my work earning NP only seems to keep my bank account at the same value. So when I try to save up for something, the price of it increases at the same rate that I earn NP. If this can get NP to deflate a bit, I will be very grateful.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:28 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

seuzy13 wrote:
I've been thinking about investing in some of the prizes, not by donating, but by buying them off the TP or SW. Wouldn't it be a good idea to wait longer into the event when the prices on the TP/SW have gone down more? There are still three more wheels left to save, so these prizes should be available for almost three more weeks, and in that time supply will be increasing, and price will be going down, right? So in a couple weeks, maybe I will buy a bunch of stamps off the TP. As far as I can tell, books, wearables, and stamps are the best buy.

Timing the market's tricky, because later in the event, more people will be buying up items in anticipation of prices going up once the items retire. Some of those are "quick resellers," who buy up a lot of the available stock and try to turn around and resell it immediately for a quick profit. They can drive prices up very quickly.

There's no way to predict donation rates, but I suspect many people will taper off as the event drags on and they realize they're selling items at a loss (these are instant gratification people, who never store stuff in their SDB waiting for it to appreciate). The key is to start buying just before all the other collectors start.

That's difficult to predict of course, but one way is to just check prices every day or so (checking more often as the event draws closer to an end or prices get more volatile). Once they seem to have leveled off, buy. If you notice they're starting to inch up again, definitely buy. I watched the stamp for over a week before I decided to buy it. I may have gotten it cheaper, but prices didn't seem to be moving at all, and I didn't want to miss the boat and overpay.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:56 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

You can also earn two more items. To get them, you must spin the Wheel of Knowledge. They are randomly given out.
The Wheels of Fate

Wheel of Montony Background

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:06 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I submitted the following to the editorial about the new WoK's glitchiness:
Quote:
Hey, TNT, I like the new Wheel of Excitement and the new Wheel of Mediocrity, even if they do take longer to load. And I really like the new price on the Wheel of Knowledge. But it doesn't work like the old wheel! First, it's now every-24-hours instead of once-per-day, which makes it difficult for those of us with irregular schedules to get our spins in. Second, when it tells me I won a "free spin," it actually charges me for both spins -- so it's not actually free (which means "without charge"). Third, is it really possible to land on that avatar space? I've been spinning that wheel just about every day since it came out -- sinking in over a million NP!! -- and still don't have it. Same with several of my friends. Anyway, thanks for your hard work. (Please withhold my name.)

Feel free to submit it or something similar if you have the same concerns.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:45 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

NF says,
Quote:
The Wheel of Monotony is back up again! It was actually up a little earlier but we had to test it out for ourselves and that... took... forever...*yawn*... Oh, what? Yes! And in other wonderful news -- all the wheels have been SAVED, and it is thanks to all of you for donating an amazing amount of Neopoints -- over 12,000,000,000 NP!! Check out the Neopoint tally at the Save the Wheels booth! Thanks again from the Neopian Conservation Society!

12,000,000,000 NP! (12,371,691,860 NP, to be exact :) ) How many neggs can you get? Now after they have all been saved, which one do you like best?

Wheel of Knowledge
    Wheel of Excitement
    Wheel of Mediocrity
    Wheel of Misfortune
    Wheel of Monotony

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next