All times are UTC

Post subject: The Void Within Discussion [Split 2]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2024 8:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
New Split!! Previous split is here

Click here for the the latest Plot Information Post

The OP contains all Plot information to date, including steps, prizes, links, etc. It is a treasure trove of great information, all maintained by PPT's own Pickles

Post subject: Re: The Void Within Discussion [Split 2]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:58 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue, same (regarding timing of Voidworks). So I'm noting my time here.

Voidworks: Gamer Quiguki 5:54pm (my time)

Either the avvie is random, or someone will figure it out, and I'll eventually get it. Not too worried about it.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 1:30 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Good idea.

Voidworks: Hacker Hoodie, 6:05NST.
Completed with 29 seconds on clock. Did not pay enough attention to see if that was time consumed or time remaining...

I, too, am not overly worried about the avvie, but the inability to complete the achievement is irritating.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 3:23 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Campfire: Bonfire Play Set

Don't you know you shouldn't play with fire, TNT? Even more disturbing, it has firecrackers and an effigy right next to the bonfire. "Now you can recreate the fun off a bonfire any time you want!" Blow your fingers"off" fun, maybe...

Hopefully they update Tarla's last two times in a bit. I tried to PM you guys, but you would have had to have seen it immediately. My bad. Ultra icy negg, so a decent main.

And a new chapter today.

P S. I obviously am still rankled about the achievement, too. Maybe it's time to submit another ticket instead of just complaining here (sorry, Pickles, for having to listen to our gripes so much).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daily Tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click to start new one x5 (can be done every six hours).
2) Chapter 6 Page 12
Image Light Faerie Mirror
3) Collect 10 void essences (Haunted Woods, Moltara Caves, Terror Mountain) - Don't forget to collect your bonus prize if you haven't missed a day!
4) (Optional) Regular battledome challengers - (If you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #5)
5) Battle in one (or more) of the following: BV Wave I/II, KL, NC I/II
6) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies
7) Tarla is in. Remaining windows: unknown times. Potential times: W3: (1/2/4):12pm NST, (1/2/4):27pm NST, (1/2/4):42pm NST, W4: ?? - Ultra Icy Negg (thanks Bean and Edd!)
8 ) Do Voidworks. This is still on a 24-hour timer. The achievement is still unobtainable. There is now an avatar for this. It possibly requires a certain number of "perfect" scores? Possibly 7 or 10?
9) Play Cosy Campfire Collection once for 20 prize points and an item.

Thanks for the attempt, Siniri. I had JUST missed the main when I saw it, so I held off. Hoping to catch the negg later.

You're welcome to grumble all you want - you've got plenty of good company. I am the only one in my family that got the achievement, so I hear grumbling about it occasionally. I do hope they make it available again, so everyone can get it.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Pickles, I will continue to grumble ;)

Is there any reason to not buy a WoDF and a GoW in the prize shop? They each look like great BD weapons that I could use now.

10/18/2024 - Voidworks: Hacker Hoodie, 12:38NST.
Completed with 39 seconds on clock. Looks like time remaining.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daily Tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click to start new one x5 (can be done every six hours).
2) No new page
3) Collect 10 void essences (Faerieland, Krawk Island, Sakhmet)
4) (Optional) Regular battledome challengers - (If you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #5)
5) Battle in one (or more) of the following: BV Wave I/II, KL, NC I/II
6) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies
7) Tarla is in. Remaining windows: 5:10pm NST, 10:29pm NST - Secret Laboratory Map (thanks Bean and Edd!)
8 ) Do Voidworks. This is still on a 24-hour timer. The achievement is still unobtainable. There is now an avatar for this. It possibly requires a certain number of "perfect" scores? Possibly 7 or 10?
9) Play Cosy Campfire Collection once for 20 prize points and an item.

No reason not to buy that I know of. They are both excellent weapons. :) I'm holding off spending just in case they put up something worth a ton of points, but that's just me. BLP and I are the only ones in our family that hasn't spent more than necessary. The other three, well...they've gone to town. :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2024 10:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks. I may splurge on Grapes of Wrath. It's amusing and appears to be rather powerful. So far, I have spent only the minimum needed to complete the Act 1 achievement ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 5:53 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Voidworks 11:18pm High tech tablet
Campfire Halloween eyrie plushie

And six red codestones from battling (of the 9 I need per day). I managed to buy one for 4.2k the other day.

I'm holding off too. I still haven't equipped things like Illusen's staff or thunder sticks, so I'm not in a rush to get even more items.

Edit: Campfire: Fire Hammer

No Tarla today. Not quite sure I understand why Nyx didn't know she was gone for twenty years. Maybe she was traveling close to light speed, so it was less time for her? You don't just lose track of the time... Or maybe she was under a spell?

Edit: I really need to try to remember to do voidworks first thing in the morning with my first training and volunteer shifts...
Voidworks: circuit pizza 1:49pm
Campfire: small bonfire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I did Voidworks this morning at around 145am NST. Literally just needed to click on 2 pieces to complete it. I think there was 59 left on the clock.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Today, there's new dialogue on the main page, and the next community void essence collection prize. The campfire game is no longer for prize points, just a daily, similar to the Voidworks game (grrr). It gave me 2500 NP for winning on hard, plus This Isnt Chili Cheese Fries (Hot fries with a delicious topping of red... oh. Oh dear.). Gross.

I've got a timer set for Voidworks.
And 1:49pm again (thanks, timer!). Virtupets Circuit Board Shield and the avatar! I had to turn most (but not all) of them today. The lightbulb turned green just before I turned my left two. I was pretty quick, but not a record setting speed by any means. It could just be random.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:44 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Community Void bonus: Abyssum

I saw somewhere that there is a trophy or something for the Cosy (sic.) Campfire and if you play on Easy, it is much easier to get the trophy. So... I gave it a shot today. *everything* I needed was covered up. But, you get around 5 minutes to play. Prize was only 500 vs. 2500 points. I will probably go back to playing on Hard.

Not sure how many more Voidworks I need to get the avatar. I have not been all that regular with it lately. Fairly sure I did not play it on Sunday, but did play it earlier today and received a Circuit Negg.

I abhor the 24-hour timers. Reset at Midnight for all things Neo would be fantastic for my erratic schedule.

Siniri wrote:
...gave me 2500 NP for winning on hard, plus This Isnt Chili Cheese Fries (Hot fries with a delicious topping of red... oh. Oh dear.). Gross.
I thought you had edited the description, so I had to look up what it actually was. But indeed... oh. Oh dear. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2024 3:21 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

According to JN, the trophy is for completing the game in less than 18 seconds on hard mode, but it's not consistently awarded. They might have fixed it after accidentally awarding it on easy? Apparently, it's glitched, so people completing it within the time don't always get it.

Apparently there's a new "dialogue" today (you'll find the clickable dialogue under the activity link for the new teatime activity) and the new activity, finding items for tea. Though apparently it's really glitched and asking for very rare and even unreleased items -- and the pool is so small, the Eastern Hemisphere and western night owls already over inflated everything. You get plot points, NP, and prizes, plus there are three achievements for completing a certain number of quests (5, 10, and ?). Not sure if I should try now before things get even more inflated, or wait to see if TNT fixes it somehow by changing the pool. I'm going to campfire first.

Edit: I definitely did it in less than 18 seconds on hard (no mistakes). Chocolate jack-o-lantern chip cookie (sounds yummy) and 2500 NP. No trophy, so playing again... Edit: got the trophy, but only a bronze. Going to try on easy, just in case I can upgrade... Nope. Maybe I'm just not fast enough, though.

Edit: might as well see what the new quest is like. JN says the quest pool includes prizes from campfire, so maybe I'll get lucky? It's every four hours, and you can't cancel early, limit of 5/day, so I guess it's best to try early and often and hope you get some fillable ones. It's 5 plot points/quest. So at this point, I just have time to get five in today if I can actually complete them all and time them perfectly (and wake up at nearly 3am - probably not!).

Edit: No. Just no. Why not ask for void essence collection items (fix that "too many LEVs given out" problem, maybe?) or TVW BD items, instead of items exclusive to the new daily that has only been around for a couple weeks? The first item is not in the SW (though it's at least a book that restocks, r86; supposedly it's also found inside certain items, but JN unhelpfully doesn't list what those are, so I can't even open any I might have but they're all retired CC prizes), the second is 80k (only from 2014 FoN and campfire), the third is worth 2k (faerie foods, r75), and the third is an r63 toy still inflated from the FoN (findable for 189k).

Just no. I'm assuming TNT is going to fix this. I'm not spending 1M NP/quest (plus huge amounts of time doing my least favorite thing on the site) 15+ times. TNT has already screwed me out of one achievement, so I'm now less inclined to care. Great job, TNT! It's working.

I'm so over this plot. Why am I wasting my time on it? This is just busy work. Where are the puzzles? The one we got is on a 24-hour clock, way too easy, and it only counted ONE time for the plot, anyway. And the plot's pacing is atrocious. What is this, Deathly Hallows? How much time are we going to spend arguing and camping?

Cost for quest 1: 189k + 2k + 80k + "10 faerie pppb" (which is a currency now, apparently? worth 205k each, so 2.05M. Ha! As if, you greedy goober). There are only 4 of them on the TP, none in auctions, and none in SW. So that's over 2.3M just for quest 1. Absolutely not.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2024 6:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't have a heap ton of time today, as I have company arriving later this afternoon. If I wasn't somewhere where I was stuck unable to get other things done, I'd be running around like crazy still. I only just now saw the mess of today.

First:
Campfire trophy is 14-18 seconds - Bronze, 10-13 seconds - Silver, 1-9 seconds - Gold. It does appear to be glitchy in actually awarding.

Regarding the Tavi dumpster fire...
Mine...one is 800k, second is 450k, and the last is 130k, but I actually have 4 of them.

Some of the items it asks for apparently hadn't even been activated as of earlier today (but have been since and added to the daily quest log prize pool).

This is basically just a dumpster fire. I have no idea what TNT was thinking, other than possibly trying to be themed with the items requested...but they needed to have them possible to obtain in large masses if they planned something like this. Like...maybe as battledome drops. Or quest log daily pools. Or you know...ANYTHING. Some of them are old NC card prizes. It's like being a supporter for Curse of Maraqua all over again...except several of the items are literally unobtainable. Clearly, this was not thought through. Hopefully they will address it soon. They have obviously seen that there's an issue, since they activated the 3 and added them in, but that still doesn't fix this problem.

I am waiting to see how they move forward. It's just as bad as with the limited faerie quest item request pool in the past. Scalpers go in, buy all the cheap ones within minutes of them being known, and then they're impossible to get a hold of. It's even worse now than it was with Curse of Maraqua. This is insane.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2024 8:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

This is truly a dumpster fire. A dumpster filled with tires.

My 1st item: Fireplace Tales

JN Price History
9,700 NP (+8,950 NP) on October 22, 2024
750 NP (-425 NP) on October 19, 2024

Lowest on SW? 34,000

Received 5 plot points, 141NP and an Island Bruce Hot Tea. Meh.

2nd item? Fire Bori Claws

JN Price History
999,999 NP (+992,249 NP) on October 22, 2024
7,750 NP (+4,875 NP) on September 28, 2024
2,875 NP (+875 NP) on July 20, 2024

erm... none on the SW. I'm done.

Smurf that. Smurf you, TNT.

Yes, I typed in "Smurf". I'm not that mad to type actual profanity :P

Then again, perhaps I should join the fun. Where is the pool list of requested items? This will be far better to sell and a stupid markup to clear out items in my SDB versus donating a bunch of stuff during the FF or CC.