Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Movies That Just Plain Dissapointed You
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, you read the title. Name all the movies the seriously disappointed you. My list:

The Princess Diaries 2: I haven't seen this movie yet, nor do I plan on it. Me, being a person who reads immensly, read all of the Princess Diaries books, and let me tell you- the previews make the movie look NOTHING like the book. For one part- in one scene, Princess Mia says something along the lines of, "I have my own mall", in a pleased way. The in-the-book Mia would NEVER say something like that. In the book Mia was never interested in shopping (infact, she dreaded when she had to go with her Grandmere). And for another, they had to bring in Raven. Raven's character does not exist in any of the books. I hate movies being different from the book, but movies creating new characters just makes me even madder. And another- Raven's character and Grandmere are shown singing a song together. In the book Grandmere would NEVER, EVER sing a song. With anyone. Ever. Grandmere in the book is: a mean, snobbish person- she is never nice to Amelia. Ever. Or to anyone else, for that matter. Not even her son. So it's obvious she would never sing a song with anyone. For another, in the book, Micheal Moscovits (Lilly's brother) becomes Mia's boyfriend. No one else. She never has her eye on another boy, as she does in the movie. And for another, Rommel (Grandmere's poodle) does not have any hair, whereas he's a giant puffball in the movie. And for one more, there's a huge slide in the movie that Mia's Grandmere goes down. Let's say it simply: Grandmere. Would. Not. Do. That. And these are only a few of the movie's flaws!

Harry Potter 3: Same reason as the other movie, only this one is not as bad as the other. I won't rant about this one, however. It doesn't have too many flaws.

So... what movies disappointed you?

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:57 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

The village

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Queen Of The Damned

I actually kind of liked it until I read the books that it's based on. It was awful. It had so little to do with the books. They should never have tried to squeeze two novels into one movie. Everything got changed around to appeal to audiences. They butchered Anne Rice's work. The actors they cast did not portray the characters well at all. After reading the books, I never want to see the film again.
Unless... it was remade as seperate films, with the screenplays and casting actually done by Anne and with the same grandeur that Interview With The Vampire held.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:46 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Van Helsing-I really like Hugh Jackman, but I was a bit skeptical about the movie when I heard Kate Beckinsale was in it. I went anyways because it was by the same director of the Mummy movies, and I love those. I basically just laughed at how stupid it was.

King Arthur-I'm a sucker for Arthurian legend, the movie was supposed to depict the accuracy of the King Arthur legend, and it was probably closer to the truth. (From what I've heard, no love triangle, no Guinevere, and Arthur wasn't really a king. Just a warlord.) I watched it, and cringed. I think it's the worst movie I've ever seen.

Time stops for no one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The Village dissapointed me. The plot was delivered pretty poorly.

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:37 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
What Lies Beneath

I watched it in the cimena and the film bored me so much that I fell asleep while watching it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Combusken BG wrote:
What Lies Beneath

I watched it in the cimena and the film bored me so much that I fell asleep while watching it.

I liked it... but maybe because it's just the kind of movie I like, plus it was creepy seeing Harrison Ford as a bad guy.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:08 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Garfield. Though I liked it, I was disappointed in how many continuity errors there were between the movie and the comic strip.

I'm also disappointed in the movie Bad Girls. It sucks majorly, despite the presence of Drew Barrymore.

I signed in to my account at 11:03 pm on Mon Jan 05, 2009. My last visit beforehand was Thu Dec 01, 2005 at 10:26 pm. Um....wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:17 am 

Snow Dogs - This disapointed me. When I saw the comercial for it, I though that the dogs TALKED in the movie. They didn't, well, only in one part they did but that's it. And it WAS very boring. x-x

Garfield - This disapointed me as well. I dunno how to describe this..it was just..bad. o-o

Image Image

Thanks a bunch Neopets Addict for the set and blinkie! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:52 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Usually, I can watch anything and like it... except for GARFIELD. I thought it was going to be a funny movis (like expected) with an actual plot. Sure there's a plot to the whole movie, but the most important things happen in the last 30 minutes of the movie. The rest of the movie is full of horrible jokes (I admit, some were funny), bad punchlines, and very little story. For the first Drive-In movie I had been to since I was about 2 or 3, this was defintely not the movie I should have seen. Heck I snuckabout 20 minutes of Around the World in 80 Days, and that was much more interesting...

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject: Re: Movies That Just Plain Dissapointed You
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Let's see - I've seen a lot of really bad movies lately. The first three that come to mind:
Around the World in 80 Days - They totally butchered the plot and made it all kung-fu. It shared barely anything with the book, and wasn't even good as it's own film, just rather stupid. Cool flyover sequences though.
King Arthur - Sort of seemed like a bad parody of LotR and Monty Python. I kept hoping that they were joking. They weren't.
A Cinderella Story - This movie reminded me of the stuff I generally see on fanfiction.net. *cough*Mary Sue*cough*

Then again, I wasn't really expecting much from any of these, so I guess I wasn't disappointed exactly. I thought King Arthur would have been considerably cooler, though.

Dawn2 wrote:
Well, you read the title. Name all the movies the seriously disappointed you. My list:

The Princess Diaries 2
Harry Potter 3

Sorry, I cut out part of your post for length...anyhow, after reading the books they're based on, I actually liked both of those movies. Yes, they're incredibly different from their sources, but I still think they were well-done works in their own right. *shrugs* I can definitely see your point though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:20 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The Matrix: Reloaded. I'd say The Matrix: Revolutions, but I was expecting that one to stink.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:56 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

One movie that I recently viewed that I found a bit disappointing was "Lord of the Flies" (the 1990s version). It was really quite different than the novel is because the boys are supposed to be British (which they weren't in the movie), Simon was supposed to be African-American (yet he wasn't), and the pilot dies at the beginning (which he doesn't). There were other parts that differed quite a bit from the novel. It wasn't a terrible movie or anything; it just didn't follow the novel too well.

I also disliked the ending of "Cold Mountain" because of the fact that the journey was pointless. I liked the movie, just the ending sort of sucked.

------------------

Thanks to the wonderful Neko for the amazing set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler - {a poorly done made for television movie} Majority of the movie was absolutely nothing like the book. The best parts of the story were left out because of time and it made me wonder why they bothered filming it in the first place.

Donnie Darko - Despite the fact that I did like the movie, it certainly did not live up to the hype that everyone had/has given it.

The Ring - This movie was along the same lines of Donnie Darko. Granted, yes, parts of it creeped me out and the fact that the phone rang about two seconds after the movie ended didn't help the situation, but the movie was far from amazing.

Signs - I was quite excited about this movie for some reason. My mother is obsessed with Mel Gibson, so I've seen most of his movies. He is usually a decent actor. I think the idea of him playing such a boring character is what bothered me the most.. at first. Then I saw the rest of the movie. The plot was extremely weak. The children in the movie annoyed me to no end. They were far too creepy. I think the scene with dog was probably what drew the line for me, though. I didn't understand why that scene was in the movie in the first place, yet alone why the children would do such a thing. We all know that a growling dog should result in such an incident. >.<

Snow White - {Not the Disney animated version} This movie has Sigorney Weaver in it. I dislike her acting, but the movie was supposed to loosely follow the original story. It was a dark movie, but it basically played out as a depressing version of the Disney take on it.

Maybe I'll ramble about some of the other movies that have disappointed me when I am more awake..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:42 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

so whats wrong with king arthur then?
oh right the "Y" generation.
who needs accuracy when you can have a fraggin great round table and tin tagnil eh.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next