Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Ocarina of Time 2D
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:21 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm not sure how many of you know about this, but Daniel Barras (some guy. You probably don't know him) is creating a 2D version of The Zegend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the PC.
If you really care, he's got screenshots and some small demos at his site. You can discuss the project at his forum, or in this thread, but I'm the only guy here. :D

Just check it out if you're interested

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wow, that looks really awesome. I mean I'm getting so used to companies updating old games to have newer graphics that it's refreshing the see something like this. Obviously somethings'll be different due to the lack of perspective, but it looks like it'll be really cool when it's done. It'll be interesting to see how Oot would have been in aLttP style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:48 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I remember that! When danielbarras.com disappeared, I thought it was gone! I'm glad to see it's still going, I'll have to download it soon and play it again.

Post subject: oot2d
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:04 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Kyra wrote:
I remember that! When danielbarras.com disappeared, I thought it was gone! I'm glad to see it's still going, I'll have to download it soon and play it again.

You never bothered to look for it again? Just do a Google search for Ocarina of Time and the project's in the top 3.
Demo 4 will include all of the Kokiri Forest and the Lost Woods, including...
The Deku Tree.

But everyone, please be patient. Daniel has a life (surprise) and he doesn't like people rushing him.
So just wait patiently and forget everything I told you about Demo 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:30 pm 

Ha! This is sweet. Kinda funny to me.

And very interesting.

Dang, im so interested, yet i have nothing to say >_<.

You dont know me =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:24 pm 

wow, i must be the only person who thinks that they're going to give the best Zelda game a bad name by converting it into 2D, what a waste...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

mystic_ice wrote:
wow, i must be the only person who thinks that they're going to give the best Zelda game a bad name by converting it into 2D, what a waste...

I doubt anything they could do, even if it was bad, would give it a bad name. I mean they could make the whole thing overly cutesified and fluffy and it wouldn't ruin the game because you could just choose not to play it. It's not like it's an official release anyway...

Personally, I still think it looks awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

mystic_ice wrote:

Not really, it's not like it's even from nintendo...

Anyways, I think it looks AWESOME!! I think it is a great idea!!

Set by Tomatie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:11 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

You know, I'd probably appreciate this game more if I had actually played the original.

Gah. I suppose I'm out of the loop. >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:22 pm 

the original was one of my favorite games ever, any game that you put into 2D from the original 3d ruins it, look at games like Splinter Cell: PT, that game is amazing and the 2D version is terrible...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

mystic_ice wrote:
the original was one of my favorite games ever, any game that you put into 2D from the original 3d ruins it, look at games like Splinter Cell: PT, that game is amazing and the 2D version is terrible...

that doesn't mean every game translated from 3d to 2d will be horrible. It just depends how one goes about it. I say wait until the game is complete to judge it. I will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:17 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

That is one gaming experience I have to try. Nintendo should work with him and make it a GBA game.

I'm just popping in and out. Maybe I'll be back again.

Post subject: gba
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:15 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Link wrote:
That is one gaming experience I have to try. Nintendo should work with him and make it a GBA game.

This has been discussed on ZFGC (the forums where you can discuss oot2d) and what with being an unofficial game not endorsed by Nintendo, Nintendo would not work with him. (And GameMaker games are very difficult to port)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:15 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Interesting. I like the concept, but I don't see how it will be much different from LTTP if it's in two dimensions. The Sacred Stones will be like the Pendants, the Sages will be like the Maidens and you go to Gannons Tower where you have to kill him with the Light/Silver Arrows. I'm not seeing much of a difference here.

Post subject: lttp
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:18 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Lord Dragonbane wrote:
Interesting. I like the concept, but I don't see how it will be much different from LTTP if it's in two dimensions. The Sacred Stones will be like the Pendants, the Sages will be like the Maidens and you go to Gannons Tower where you have to kill him with the Light/Silver Arrows. I'm not seeing much of a difference here.

Play both games again. They are quite different. OoT2D is going to be OoT in 2D with LTTP-like graphics, but will not be LTTP. If LTTP and OoT were the same game, why would Nintendo have made OoT to begin with?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next