Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Durmstrang ((Closed. Members may begin.))
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Centuries ago, when the world was new, there was a confederation of Wizards. Long ago, there was a meeting of those wizards about a wizarding school. Back in that time, there was no school for young wizards. They either taught themselves or were taught by parents. Most wizards had learned very few spells at the age of sixteen, when a wizard was officially named a true, full-grown man or woman. Now, one wizard, Arthure Durmes, decided that it was time for a change. And at the meeting, he stated his ideas.

"Proposterous!" yelled out Kingsley Mortingler, a wizard in the confederation, after Durmes had stated his idea.

"Farfetched!" yelled out Amerila Dillings, a witch in the group.

"I... think it just might work", said Nathaniel Strunginger. Nathaniel was the head of the confederation, which meant he made all the decisions, "Imagine. A school for all of our children to learn. We will appoint the best for teachers, and the greatest to be headmaster. This school shall work."

And work it did, as no one would contradict Nathaniel.

Many centuries later

Amy looked at the clock in the potions room. Twenty more minutes to go. She spun back around to her table rather quickly, spilling her Draught of Peace upon herself.

"Eww..." Murmured Amy as she wiped away the puss on her robe.

"Is there a problem Miss Anderson?" snapped Professor Serington, the Potions master, at young Amy. Stuttering, Amy replied with a no.

She looked around for someone that would loan her a new vial. While searching, her eyes fell upon an all-too familiar portrait.

Arthur Durmes, she read along the bottom of the portrait, The First Headmaster of Durmstrang. Amy sighed to herself, still staring at the portrait. She then snapped to attention and tapped her neighbor for a vial.

This is the school of Durmstrang, much like Hogwarts. However, there are of course, different teachers.

Teachers:

Potions: Professor Serington (male)
Defense Against the Dark Arts: Professor Kirin (male)- Taken
Transfiguration: Professor Dames (female)-Taken
Herbology: Professor Geraldi (male)
Charms: Professor Kimball (female)
Divination: Professor Sheridan (female)-Taken
Care of Magical Creatures: Professor Kerilellogram (male)- Taken
Astrology: Professor Himik (male)
Arithmancy: Professor Jurky (female)
Ancient Runes: Professor Consalez (male)- Taken
Muggle Studies: Professor Urich (male)

Forgive me if I've forgotten any classes. Each year in Durmstrang, there is what is called the 'Durmstrang trials'. These are somewhat like exams. In each class, a trial is held. It is an obstacle course that can only be passed using the most difficult charms the students are taught each year. This RP begins right as the students arrive at Durmstrang for the year. This does NOT begin on the train. Oh, and you can be a student or a teacher. However, if you are a teacher, your surname, gender and subject is already picked out for you. The teachers with "Taken" written next to them have already been taking for characters.

Houses

Ariable- Mascot: Tiger
Colors: Orange and black
Head of House: Professor Kirin
Prized Personality Trait: Bravery
There are no posistions for students in Ariable .

Hanape- Mascot: Cardinal
Colors: Red and bronze
Head of House: Professor Sheridan
Prized Personality Trait: Intelligence
There are no posistions for students in Hanape.

Keringon- Mascot: Anteater
Colors: Purple and green
Head of House: Not chosen
Prized Personality Trait: Determination
There is no posistion for students in Keringon.

Danipay- Mascot: Zebra
Colors: Blue and yellow
Head of House: Not chosen
Prized Personality Trait: Hard-Working
There are two posistions for students in Danipay.

Bios for students-

Name:
Year (can go up to seven):
House:
Extra classes (Potions, Transfiguration, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms and Herbology are mandatory. The others are optional. You can have as many extra classes that you want, but you may only have extra classes if you are in year 3 or above- unless you are planning to RP a very advanced underage student, as they are allowed to take extra classes.):
Appearance:
Other:

Bios for teachers-

Name:
Head of House? If so, which one?:
Class:
Number of Years Teaching at Durmstrang:
Appearance:
Other

My Bio

Name: Amy Anderson
Year (can go up to seven): Six
House: Hanape
Extra classes (Potions, Transfiguration, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms and Herbology are mandatory. The others are optional. You can have as many extra classes that you want, but you may only have extra classes if you are in year 3 or above.): All extra classes.
Appearance: Blonde hair, blue eyes, 5'7", 120 lbs.
Other: Nothing.

I don't wish for this RP to become too active, so there can only be two students per house. I will take care of all teachers not chosen as characters. Oh, and I will also be making schedules for everybody, so you all know when your classes will be held. After I send them to you, please post your schedules here so you may coordinate them with other players if you wish to walk to class together, etc. Teachers will also recieve schedules telling them what classes they will be teaching. You will only attend a certain class once a week, unless you have under 4 extra classes. If you have under four, you will recieve more than one class of the same subject. There are also MANY free hours per week to practice for the Durmstrang Trials. Anyone being caught not practicing during the free time will have all free hours taken away, and extra classes added in their place.

Last edited by Eskimo on Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:50 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

((Sounds interesting. :)))

Name: Tatiana ((:P- to others, let me just say that Tatiana is an inside joke between Kyra and I. :P)) Morissete

Year (can go up to seven): Six

House: Hanape

Extra classes (Potions, Transfiguration, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms and Herbology are mandatory. The others are optional. You can have as many extra classes that you want, but you may only have extra classes if you are in year 3 or above.): All.

Appearance: Tatiana is a Spanish girl, with a dark, long mane of black hair, very tan skin and dark brown eyes. She also has a few freckles.

Other: Tatiana is crazy for Divination. It's her favorite class of the week. She also has her own crystal ball, which of course, she brings with her to Durmstrang yearly.

((Only six more players to join until we start! Join people, join!!!))

the greatest love story never told.

Last edited by Bangel on Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:34 am 

((interesting..)
Name: Professor Consalez

Head of House: no

Class: Ancient Runes

Number of Years Teaching at Durmstrang: 12

Appearance: he wears a ragged brown, dirt stained cloak that hoods his face, so no-one can make out what age he is. he carry's a large twisted oak staff to walk with, yet people see him walk fine without it.

Other: none

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Name: Professor Theodore Kirin
Head of House? If so, which one?: Yes, Ariable
Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Number of Years Teaching at Durmstrang: 15
Appearance: Black hair, black eyes, and wears only black clothes.
Other: Even though his appearance is frightening to some, he is very kind, and is willing to help anybody that is having problems in a class, or just life.

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Name: Shirin Sommerfeldt
Year: 6
House: Keringon
Extra classes: Care of Magical Creatures and Divination
Appearance: Very long blonde hair and purple eyes. Wears often finer Japanese traditional clothes. 5'6" and weighs 120 lbs. Picture here.
Other: The blood of unicorns runs in her veins and she has been known to sometimes transform into one. Shirin is a bit of a loner because others may think she is a bit strange, but she is very kind and also witty and smart.

((Edit: Added last name :)))

Set by everconfused

Last edited by Silja on Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

((Good job, everyone. :) I am making school schedules for everyone right now, and they will be sent out after all the people needed join. :) Teachers have schedules as well to tell them what people will be in their classes. Students go to classes only once a week, so there are some free hours that will be used for trial preparation or studying. All Heads of Houses must attend Head of House conferences on Thursdays, so they do not hold and classes on Thursday. And there are no Defense Against the Dark Arts classes on Friday. :)))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

((I really like that you put an effort into organizing things :)

To point out my original plan was to name my character Kirin but the I noticed that was one of the teachers' names so I changed it to Shirin :P))

Set by everconfused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:57 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Name: Professor Dames
Head of House? If so, which one?: No
Class: Tranfiguration
Number of Years Teaching at Durmstrang: 4
Appearance: Kind of fluffy mousy brown hair falling just past her shoulders. Blueish Gray eyes, tall, lean.((I will elaborate later))
Other : --

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

((Little bit of a change of plans.

There are no true classes on Fridays, except for Doubles. Now, Doubles are classes you are given on Fridays if you have less than four extra classes. There will be the classes you need to take in Doubles on your schedule. There is no fixed time, but you are required to attend one hour of your set Doubles classses each Friday. If you have any questions about this, just ask. :)))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Name: Professor Lucy Sheridan
Head of House? If so, which one?: Yes, Hanape (If you don't want me to be I'll change it).
Class: Divination
Number of Years Teaching at Durmstrang: 21
Appearance: I tall, thin woman with graying black hair and tan-colored skin. She looks a bit older than she really is. She typically wears a dark blue shawl, dark green dress, and small, pearl earrings.
Other: Her grandmother was a semi-famous seer, which is wy she has 'the third eye'. She never married (due to visions saying it would lead to her doom) and generally keeps to herself and avoids other people unless she's teaching. Due to her powers and great wisdom, she's often asked to give others advice.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Last edited by DiscordantNote on Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:00 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Sounds fun. :)

Name: Adelina Zellara
Year (can go up to seven):Sixth Year
House: Keringon
Extra classes: Divinitation, Care of Magical Creatures, and Muggle Studies.
Appearance: Chesnut hair with red streaks, green eyes, and pale skin. She usually wears bright colors when she doesn't wear her wizard robes.
Other: She's rather stubborn, and has a good sense of humor.

Image Thanksies Dawn, sorry I didn't see it before. ^___^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:17 am 

((Nice to see so much oganization in a role play. ^.^
I actually am not too familiar with Harry Potter. Hope that won't be too much of a problem. ^.^;; ))

Name: Titus Lockhart
Year: Sixth
House: Ariable
Extra classes: All extra classes.
Appearance: Humble. Possesses rich, raven black hair which falls in relatively thick strands to the sides of his head. His skin is hued a light, umber brown; comparable with his eyes, a brown colour as well. A pair of glasses, lens circular, crisp, lie parched just beyond them. A strange bangle rests upon his right wrist; oddly enough, ever present.
Other: Somewhat distant, perhaps seemingly unwilling to form relationships. Maybe because he’s often absorbed in his studies, maybe a shyness; nobody knows, or bothers with bringing such matters to light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:30 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Name: Maeve Haverstorm
Year (can go up to seven): six
House: Ariable
Extra classes: all
Appearance: Maeve is of medium height and build, with sheer, black hair that hangs to just below her shoulder blades. Her pale blue eyes are flecked with white, like faded denim, if you could imagine denim in such an odd place. Most Haverstorms have dark hair and dark eyes to match, and indeed, Maeve's pale eyes do seem unnatural next to her midnight lashes.
Other: The Haverstorm family has somewhat of a reputation in the wizarding world. Though aristocratic and venerable as well as ambitious, they are considered by many to be perhaps too well-informed about the dark arts. Though daring and ambitious in true Haverstorm form, Maeve is extremely tight-lipped about her family and its history.

ImageThanks to Kristina for the set!

Last edited by gattamelata on Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

((Tsukai- Don't worry about not knowing about Harry Potter. This is about a school MENTIONED in Harry Potter, but that's all it has to do with Harry Potter. :)

Two more students are needed to join (in the Danipay house). We still need Heads of Houses for Danipay and Keringon- of course, more teachers are allowed to join. I will allow more teachers to join until we reach thirty posts. After that, I will be closing this RP, and either I or Dawn (appointed co-GC) will take care of them. Dawn will also be helping in sending out schedules.

All people in the same house, year and have the same extra classes will (of course) have the same schedules.

Teachers- You will most likely be teaching more than one group at a time (example- Ariable and Hananpe sixth years might go to the same class together).))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:00 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Name: Genis Sage
Head of House? If so, which one?: Danipay
Class: Care of Magical Creatures
Number of Years Teaching at Durmstrang: 5
Appearance: 6"3', long silver hair that goes down to his shoulders, stormy grey eyes, and has an athletic build
Other: A fun loving teacher who loves animals

Last edited by Raiu on Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next