Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:52 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

vkceanraz wrote:
DM was on fire! -- I've noticed that you like to make rather large signatures. Normally, this would mean that there is a vast amount of empty space on the signature. I think you did a better job of filling this one up. However, I still think you could have done a lot more with the placement of the text in addition to the text itself. Perhaps you could make the text stand out a bit more so that one's eye isn't drawn to the plain spot between the main and sub-texts.

I guess I'm not to used to making smaller ones.

Marissa wrote:
DM was on fire!: Cute pictures. I think pink might have been a better overlay color, that particular shade of purple seems too serious for the set. What really bothers me is the subtext on the sig, it's overlaying the faded image of the girl's eyes, there's definitely space to move the picture down a bit to avoid that. I also don't really like the lyric overlay, I can only guess that's what it is from seeing letters in the darkest parts of her hair. The overlay is really too faint to be at all readable, but it's still visible enough to be a distraction. 7/10

I normally put my text overlay at about a either 30-36. I think I put that one at 26, though. The reason I didn't do a pint, is because every time I attemp to make it pink, it was too bright. (trust me, it was either that purple or the brightet teal you've ever seen.) XD But...wow. Marissa actually said my pictures were cute. :) Go DM, go DM!

Dawn2 wrote:
DM was on fire!- Ooh, definitely one of your bests. You worked wonderfully with the images and did wonderfully with the colorizing. I love how you faded on image into the background, it saves you from having empty space. I personally like large signatures, by the way, and see nothing wrong with having them large. I love the way text fades into the background, it just gives the set an extra touch. I have no problems with any of the text. All in all, I think it looks beautiful and that you did a fine job with it (and I love the purple).

YAY! :)

Ammer wrote:
Avatar: Purple, I see is your main theme in this set. The border which has a white colour fill drags away from the purple feeling demonstrated by the set. The image is very goofy like which adds to the 'cuteness' of the Avatar. The main font colour which is white is a good choice as it stands out on the shade of purple you used. The faded white words across the Avatar is a nice touch, however I can barely see them unless they are on the dark part of the character's hair. Otherwise nice feature.

Signature: I like the main font choice used on the Signature. It's goofy and cute just like the image. Good correspondence. The sub-text is clearly visible on the shade of purple. However, the white faded text, again is visible on the darker parts of the character. It's a nice touch and it isn't a distraction from the sub text, main text and the character. The flipped closed up faded character creates a balance with the character on the right side. Nice effect.

Holy Audio Adrenaline! A 10/10? *faints*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

My computer is being screwy again. So just a warning, if I dissapear for a few days, that's the reason why.

polarbearpop
Cute puppy. ^_^ Anyways, to start off, it's just way too blurry. I think you might've been going for a dreamy effect, but it didn't end up quite right. I don't really like the av, it's hard to tell it's a rose if you haven't read the sig. The green and pink is not a common combination, but it seems to work rather well in this. Overall, not bad.

bluehawaii
I love the background. But the problem is that the text is almost completely unreadable. So I'd definitely fix that... I like the cursive name that blends with the background, but it also needs to be a little more readable. And maybe make the border a dark green to really give the set a more finished look. Fix these things, and you'd have a great set.

Dobbitron
Not great, but not bad either. Puss doesn't really match the background though, and it looks a bit empty overall. Lessen the width of the bar around the subtext, and the subtext itself is a little fuzzy. The main font on the sig is nice however. It seems to just match the idea of a cat that wears boots that uses a sword. (Hey, now that I look at it...you've seemed to have erased the blade.)

Shifty
This is a cute little set. It all goes well. I like how you have the little mice at both ends of the sig. I think the main text in the sig should have been centered, with maybe a slightly more white glow to help it stand out more. The subtext also looks a little faded.

Neopets Addict Nice job extracting the image from the black. I also like the brown and black combination, but everything is still a little empty. For the av, as picky as this is going to sound...I'd move the text down and over to the right one pixel to keep it away from the border. Because the border is 2 pixels thick, the text is sort of overpowered. In the sig, I like the placement of the main text and the subtext. But I'd make the main text a tad smaller, and maybe put a border around it. I'd also give the background a slightly more complicated design to fill in a bit of the empty space.

Koku
very nice black a white effect. You've got a whole pencil/charcoal sketch feel going here. In the av, I know you want the text to blend, but a few of the letters are too hard to read. The sig is a tad empty...I'd maybe add some very light splotches of grey. Perfect font choice in my opinion...and I like the faint diagonal scanlines you have over the image as well.

Shadowfare
For the av, I don't like how the text seems to come right off the nose. I'd move it down. It looks good with the faint design around it though. Also with the av, I'd shrink the guy's head so more of it fits in. That's sort of an odd place to have cut it off. In the sig, the subtext is very hard to read, and the main text needs to be in a bigger, more bolder font. The sig overall is just far too empty.

Apricus
Beautiful. You pulled off this color scheme very well. My only suggestions would be to add a slightly darker border...maybe a brown shade, though not as dark as the brown in the image. Also, I'd make the gridlines less bright and visible. A softer grid would go a little bit better.

Amethyst
There isn't quite enough of a design to the av, though it doesn't look half bad with just the grey wavy background. Make the lines the text is sitting on a bit more noticeable. In the sig, you did the animation very well. Again, I'd make the lines the text is sitting on stand out a bit more, as well as the main text.

DM was on fire!
Why is it that when I say you can't use blue you use purple instead? Hm, okay then. In the av, use a pixel font for the text. (I'm getting the feeling you free-handed that...) For the sig, make it a little smaller. You've also used too much of very similar shades of purple. The image faded into the background doesn't look as good as it could have either. It looks like there is a floating head.

Kristina
I see where you pulled the minty green color from in the original image, but there is just way too much of it. In the ave, I don't like how her head is cut off and the placement of it. I think those cutouts don't really work with it. In the sig, the placement of Sakura also isn't as good as it could be. More her head up a little. Get rid of all the mint green. A soft pink, pale yellow, or a red might've worked better. Maybe then you could've used the green as an accent color.

Neko
REd and yellow-one of my favorite color combinations. You've done a good job at using cutouts. It's not something I see much anymore. In the av, the only problem I have is that her chin is partly cut off. Same as with in the sig. I love how her hair fade out into the background. It makes everything flow nicely. I really can't find much wrong, except that one of the vertical cutouts is a pixel wider that the others in the sig. (But that's me being picky.)

paola
Very nice placement of the image. I'm not liking the light colored blur over the main text in the sig. I also don't like the scanlines over Vash in both the av and sig. I like the border you've used on the set. I don't see triple borders to often. The main font you chose is also very nice. Has a sort of 'western/outlaw' touch to it.

Kyra
A good job extracting the image. In the av, I'd move the text down more towards the corner, and maybe give it a red border to it stands out more. Also make the border of the av some sort of dark pink or red. For the sig, lessen the height so there is less empty space, and again change the border color. I love the main font you've chosen. Again, for the subtext, give it a slightly darker border to make it stand out a little more.

Feather
You've definitely done a good job of altering this image. I honestly thought it had come from a pencil sketch until I saw the original image. I like the outlining you've done to it. In the av, I'd give it a different background. I think those are gridlines, and they don't really go. For the sig, I'd give the background a little more detail, and the subtext is very blurry. My suggestion, instead of the double black border, would be to give it a double border of a dark grey and black.

quicksilvery1pore
I want to know what exactly that red stuff is that went Splat! Okay. ^.^;; I haven't seen background like this too often. It's definitely interesting, rather pretty too. Not something I'd choose with the image given, but it works. I'd make the border of the av and sig darker. For the main text on the sig and av, it either has to be more of a cursive font or a gothic type without many curves at all. The white color of it also doesn't go, but it's not too big of a deal.

Optimus
*cheers* Not a big change, but definitely something from the other sets I've had to rate of yours. In the av, the animation is very good. I also like how the character is faded into the background in both the av and sig. I like the glow around the subtext, you pulled that off rather well. I like how the main text is faded like it's in the character's shadow too...Hm, the only real problem I have with this set is that the character it a little choppy where you cut him out, though you didn a pretty good job all the same.

tomatie
Cute giraffe. (it is one, isn't it?) You've got the whole cutesy/dreamy feel done really well. Put a border around the text in the av and the subtext in the sig. I'd also maybe put a glow around the main text in the sig. In the av, and a heart cutout or two to at least somewhat match the sig with the av a bit more. Move the subtext in the sig a little closer together, and maybe lessen the height of the sig to get rid of some of the empty space.

Rikio
*twitches* It really bothers me when I can pretty much find nothing wrong with a set. Because I usually can. The only thing I don't like is the animation in the av, not saying you should get rid of the animation....maybe just make it slower or animate it differently.

Destiny
Very nice. I like how the flower blends into the background, though the background is rather plain. There needs to maybe be a border or a soft glow around the text in the av to make it stand out a little more. In the sig, the subtext animation goes to quickly. It took me a while before I was able to figure out what it said.

Hellyer
I've always liked your choice of images. My main problem is with the text. Both the main text and subtext is too blurry. I'd maybe use a pixel font for the subtext so it's more readable. In the av, the text should be less blurry. Maybe make the text almost a solid white with a more defined glow.

Cheese
Use a pixel font. the one you've chosen changes widths and just doesn't look as nice as it could. Because the set it black and white, the main text doesn't really match at all. The background is also rather empty. As I've suggested with other sets, lessen the height of the set. I'd also lessen the height of the main text. It looks a tad stretched.

The two I've chosen are Shadowfare and Cheese.

Gone.

Last edited by Flame on Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:29 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ammer wrote:
Apricus

Avatar: To start off, the Avatar itself has a yellow border which should've been either black or another darker colour. You overused yellow alot in the Avatar and Signature. The main font is readable while it's a different shade of yellow, you outlined it with a darker colour which makes it readable. As for the image, you darkened the colour of the sticks/twigs and you drenched the flower in a coat of yellow. That was your mistake. It does not make the flower stand out as much as I think you'd like it to. The overdose of yellow gives the set a narrow feeling, a close minded feeling. You didn't experiment with any other colour except yellow and a little black.

Signature: The signature has the same problem as the Avatar. The yellow border and the overdose of yellow. The main font choice is selected well. It stands out, and is readable. However I think you should've stirred away from the yellow colour fill. The sub-text is readable and again the outline is used. However, what really bothers me is the grid. The grid should've not of been there as it steals the attention away from the main image. Even though you used a fading effect on the grid making it fade from the left side and reappear on the right, it still steals the attention. For some reason, it makes the sub-text a little less readable, making viewers go a little closer to the screen to read it.

Overall: 7/10

Might I ask what colour scheme you would suggest in place of yellow? Personally, I believe that this set was exteremely well done, and that the colour scheme was well chosen. It contrasts the image extrememly well (And if it wasn't for the fact the set said 'Apricus' I would have "borrowed" it for myself :P)
Granted, yes, the grids may be slightly too strong, and could have been set at a lower opacity, but I do think it fills up what would have been dead space otherwise.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:03 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Ammer wrote:
poala

Avatar: The dark, thick black border works well the image and the secondary border created by the image itself compliments it. The background is the original background in the link you gave Flame. It's original in the sense of the idea; you faded it, you added a grid pattern and gave it a charcoal effect. The thin lines across the Avatar gives matches well because this whole set is very tense, as the character is portraying. The main text is readable although the outline could've been slightly darker.

Signature: The Signature has the two borders just like the Avatar which looks very nice. The background is a bid more shaded which adds a nice effect. The main text matches with the whole image perfectly, and the smudged look across the text makes it that much more original. The sub-text is readable but a darker outline would be nicer and make it even more readable.

Overall: 9/10

Erm, I made that background from scratch, I did not use a grid effect, and I did use a charcoal effect o_O Maybe the outlines could have been darker, though when I did have them dark it didn't fit well with the background. (Maybe because the colors are light?). I know there's plenty of room for improvement in this set, so I hope I'm not making it sound like I'm unhappy with a 9/10 or that I'm a snobby brat...

PS: My name's Paola, not Poala. Lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:51 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

vkceankraz wrote:

<b>Tomatie</b> -- So cute! But I have to ask, is that a flying giraffe?! Or a monkey with really strange patterns? Haha. Anyhow, it's really cute. The only complaintd I have are that you need to stroke the subtext and some texture to the main text. So much more can be done with main text. And the subtext is hard to read because it doesn't have a border or some kind of faded bar behind it to make it stand out, especially against the dotted background layer.

It's Clancy, the shy giraffe, dressed up as Cupid ;)
Thanks for the comments, I can use them :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:19 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I like my new ratings, though, I'm a bad girl for putting in my entry late, I'm still wating for 2 or 3 more ratings, lol.

signature by WIS! :]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Everyone, I apologise for unproffessional ratings. I am no good at rating, I thought I was, but I'm not. I have no answers to your questions. I apologise one more and I officially resign from being a Judge. I have never quit anything before but I feel that no one thinks I'm fully capable of being a Judge. I don't think I am fully capable of being a judge.

Sorry to waste your time. You may read your ratings but don't take them seriously. After all, they're not done by anyone who knows anything at all.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ammer wrote:
Everyone, I apologise for unproffessional ratings. I am no good at rating, I thought I was, but I'm not. I have no answers to your questions. I apologise one more and I officially resign from being a Judge. I have never quit anything before but I feel that no one thinks I'm fully capable of being a Judge. I don't think I am fully capable of being a judge.

Sorry to waste your time. You may read your ratings but don't take them seriously. After all, they're not done by anyone who knows anything at all.

Hey, don't beat yourself up Ammer. What you posted were your opinions, which is exactly what Flame called for. Not professional ratings. God knows mine aren't anything near professional.

As for the criticizers, everybody is entitled to their own opinions. If you have a problem with that, keep it to yourself because nobody likes someone who tries to force their opinions on someone else.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:32 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I thought you were a great judge. Your ratings were very thorough and well thought out. :hug:

My 3 favorite books
Harry Potter
Lemony Snicket
Elektra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

polarbearpop wrote:
I thought you were a great judge. Your ratings were very thorough and well thought out. :hug:

Except for the last 4 or 5. I wrote them out quickly because I didn't want to step on anyone's toes. But thanks polarbearpop and thanks Dawn2.

I'm not looking for pity if some of you are thinking that. I just wanted to inform everyone. Flame knows I'm leaving but I hope all of you have a great time here and learn something from this experience :)

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:37 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ammer wrote:

Like others have said, don't beat yourself up about it.

You tried, and I can tell that you did put effort into your ratings.

...God, I really suck at putting what I'm trying to say in words. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you did your best as a judge, and that's all Flame, and the rest of the members, can ask for :)

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ammer wrote:
I have never quit anything before but I feel that no one thinks I'm fully capable of being a Judge.

There is no need to apologize for anything.

If I didn't think you were fully capable of being a judge, would I have chosen you as one? But I said everything I pretty much had to say in my PM to you.

Also, to the rest of you, I think what needed to be said has been said. So it might be better to drop the subject of it now. :)

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:46 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

My question is, what is next inline for the competition. Whats the next thing to happen interms of tasks?

Visit the PPT Better than You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:15 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Wow, awesome graphics! I was gone for two weeks and only the first round has been done, and again, wow, thats a long time. And so much ratings, I don't think I've seen so many on one page, good job judges, that was probably a lot of work!
I also want to wish everyone good luck in the competition, too bad I couldn't join. :)

-used to be darklegend-
currently: lurking ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:02 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The reason I can't blue in my sig is because whenever I colourize it, it's too bright. Plus, I use that purple a lot. (Oh, I didn't free-hand my av text. I freehanded the border on it. It just blends in too well. That's actually a font called Chaney, bordered differently. MathDT01 is bigger, though. o.o)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next