Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Return of Dr Sloth [Split 8]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
forcesinbalance wrote:
On an altogether more disturbing note, I discovered this evening that I left the window with the code page open after I decoded the key message...and I've been going back and decoding the others, just because I can. Worse, I've been doing it while listening to GlaDOS sing "Still Alive".

Clearly, Neo plots are a sickness. :evil:

Clearly. That would have been more appropriate for the Neopets v2.0 plot, not this one. You need something in the real world to distract you. I have this nice weighted cube that needs a companion I can loan you... That would be so cool if they hid a Weighted Companion Cube in the next comic.

Ah crud. Now I have that song in my head. I think I'll have some cake and forget about it.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Last edited by Skynetmain on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:46 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Eternal Serena wrote:
I'm still struggling these darned 3 mods. Driving me insane.

There was a post in one of the threads that gave details as if they were talking to a stupid person. Was describing to put the 3 in, then remove the last one and going in order and such. Does anyone know the link to that? I don't think it's part of the guides on the first page. That or I'm blind... I can't tell if I'm doing this right. My brain feels like it's gonna combust.

Here's my post with another way to explain it. I'll modify it below -- it's similar to Arka's, but you don't have to try every possible combination (and this way you won't accidentally try things twice!).
For the 3 modifier puzzles, put choice 1 in the modifier one box and choice 2 in the modifier two box. Then, you have two options to determine what symbol is needed (for the first or last position -- I'll use last from here on out, but use whichever you're more comfortable with) in box three:
1) You can look at a petpage, searching for the last symbol of the "key" (first column) and the last symbol of the "target" (last column); there will be multiple combinations that work, and you need to find the one that contains the last symbols of the modifiers in boxes one and two (it doesn't matter what order they're in, just find the row that has those two symbols in two of the three middle boxes) -- the third middle box in that row will reveal what symbol you need in the last position of the modifier for box 3. Now scan the last symbols of choices 3 to 30 in order, trying every one that has the correct last symbol in box three.
2) If you don't like the petpages, you can try choices 3-30 in order, noting whether the last symbol of the result matches the last symbol of the "target." Once you get one that matches, you can then only try the remaining choices that have that same last symbol. (For example, if choice 3's last symbol was C and the result didn't match the target, but choice 4's last symbol was X and made the result match the target's last symbol, then you could scan choices 5-30, trying only the ones that end in X.)

Chances are, you haven't gotten the solution yet. That's okay, you've eliminated 28 combos already. Remove choice 2 from box two and replace it with choice 3 (just leave choice 1 in box one for now -- you're not done with it yet). Now you need to find what symbol is needed for box three; you only need to consider everything below choice 3 (i.e., choices 4-30) -- you can use method 1 or 2 above to find and test the relevant choices in box three. If you still haven't gotten the solution, remove choice 3 from box two and replace it with choice 4, testing choices 5-30.

Continue replacing the modifier in box two (testing box three only with those below it) until you've run out of choices in box two. Now you can go back to box one and remove choice 1 -- you know that choice 1 is not in your solution! So put choice 2 in box one. Now put choice 3 in box two, and test choices 4-30 in box three (really only those with the matching last symbol). If none of those work, put choice 4 in box two and test with choices 5-30. Continue replacing the modifier in box two (testing box three only with those below it) until you've run out of choices in box two. You've now eliminated choice 2 from the solution! So now you can put choice 3 in box one; put choice 4 in box two and test choices 5-30 in box three. Replace the modifier in box two, testing each with those below it, until you've run out of choices for box two. Then go back up to box one and replace it with the next one.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:25 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Hidinger wrote:
forcesinbalance wrote:
The only person who stays dead in comics is Ben Parker.

And if I remember correctly Bruce Wayne's parents stayed dead...

Sorry--I didn't mean that literally. It's one of the alleged "rules" of Marvel comics. The DC equivalent would probably be "Only Bruce Wayne's parents stay dead." It's a reference to the habit superhero comics writers have of resurrecting any character they need for a plot point. Technically, lots of people stay dead in comics (most of the population of Krypton, for instance), but any given character can potentially be brought back (a number of individual Kryptonians have turned up over the years). The main exceptions are people whose deaths are a critical part of a signature character's origin story. Ben Parker and the Waynes are the canonical examples of this.

Skynetmain wrote:
Ah crud. Now I have that song in my head. I think I'll have some cake and forget about it.

That is exactly what you should do. I am sure its moistness and deliciousness will clear your mind. If the Weighted Companion Cube could talk--and I remind you that it cannot--I am sure that it would advise the same thing.

<resumes listening to "Still Alive" on his DS>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:55 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

forcesinbalance wrote:
Hidinger wrote:
forcesinbalance wrote:
The only person who stays dead in comics is Ben Parker.

And if I remember correctly Bruce Wayne's parents stayed dead...

Sorry--I didn't mean that literally. It's one of the alleged "rules" of Marvel comics. The DC equivalent would probably be "Only Bruce Wayne's parents stay dead." It's a reference to the habit superhero comics writers have of resurrecting any character they need for a plot point. Technically, lots of people stay dead in comics (most of the population of Krypton, for instance), but any given character can potentially be brought back (a number of individual Kryptonians have turned up over the years). The main exceptions are people whose deaths are a critical part of a signature character's origin story. Ben Parker and the Waynes are the canonical examples of this.

If I remember correctly, it was referred to as The Bucky Clause and went something like this: "No one in comics stays dead except [Captain America's sidekick] Bucky, [Batman's 2nd Robin] Jason Todd, & [Spider-Man's] Uncle Ben"...and then they brought both Bucky & Jason Todd back from the dead (please let's not get started on the sheer number of Kryptonians who keep showing up; for a planet that blew up however long ago, there seems to be an amazing survival rate) Every rule has its exceptions I guess, lol...

[wow, this is really off topic. Please admins, don't be mad, we're just killing time until the fightin' starts! *grin*]

Razamatazamo misses being a Fuzio!
CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000
...and yes, I have joined Twin Skies. Have you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

cybertrini wrote:
Please admins, don't be mad, we're just killing time until the fightin' starts! *grin*]

Feel free to help me :x

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Arogance1/1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Arogance1/2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Arogance1/4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Arogance1/5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Arogance1/10.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Arogance1/11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Arogance1/15.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Arogance1/16.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Arogance1/17.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Arogance1/18.jpg

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:20 pm 

I'm starting to seriously think I'm stupid here..I just can't figure any of the 3 mods out and I'm in the ones without the O..Oh god. x_X I feel like I've tried every combination and I've been using KyootestLenny's petpage.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:28 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Sorry to hear you are discouraged. Try again methodically, there are a couple methods posted in this thread that can help. Try for about an hour, take a break, then continue. This seems to be good advice. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:31 pm 

Yeah, I'm gonna try again, I just see those symbols and my brain starts to throb. I think I've only completed one of the 3 mods..and you have no idea how hard I was praying that that would be the only one I had to do. Lol.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:24 pm 

BesuBesu wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna try again, I just see those symbols and my brain starts to throb. I think I've only completed one of the 3 mods..and you have no idea how hard I was praying that that would be the only one I had to do. Lol.

You only have to complete one of the first kind of 3-mods, after that, immediately move on to the ones with the O-symbols. Those are, surprisingly, much easier.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

News is up. No new Chapter.

Can't see any new clues or steps to do.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:53 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

YES YES YES!
Finally finished the 3-mods and the guard avoidance last night.
Just want to thank everyone here for their help.

As a comment on the end of chapter 5, my philosophy is (thanks to Buffy):
It aint dead unless you've chopped it into tiny pieces and burned the remains.
Obviously that's a bit rough for neopets, but I would have at least checked to see if the bounty hunter was still alive. If she was, I'd tie her up securely, gag her and shove her into an out-of-the way place.

Kat
*Don't take anything for granted. That rabbit may be armed*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Katdragon wrote:
YES YES YES!
Finally finished the 3-mods and the guard avoidance last night.
Just want to thank everyone here for their help.

As a comment on the end of chapter 5, my philosophy is (thanks to Buffy):
It aint dead unless you've chopped it into tiny pieces and burned the remains.
Obviously that's a bit rough for neopets, but I would have at least checked to see if the bounty hunter was still alive. If she was, I'd tie her up securely, gag her and shove her into an out-of-the way place.

Kat
*Don't take anything for granted. That rabbit may be armed*

Congrats on finishing the 3 mods!

But as for the bounty hunter being dead, I kinda doubt it. A character like that should never get knocked off that fast and it's Neopets so death may be avoided.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:59 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Lee wrote:
But as for the bounty hunter being dead, I kinda doubt it. A character like that should never get knocked off that fast and it's Neopets so death may be avoided.

Of course :) That's why I put in the classic gag-and-stash maneuver. Of course she'd be found eventually but it's less likely that she'd be in there, spoiling the plot for the rest of the people.
However, since this is Neopets of course she's going to show up - I was just pointing out that the characters could have delayed her entrance to their benefit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:23 am 

Feb. 14th news is out but no new clues. Are we done for this week? Or will there be more just before the weekend? o_O

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:34 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Katdragon wrote:

Like, say...an airlock? :evil:

Congrats on finishing your codes and guard-bashi...er, "evasion".

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next